Virtual Ward is an educational game idea proposed by the School of Health Sciences in NYP, which I was assigned to work on during my Final Year Project. The goal of Virtual Ward is to give budding trainee nurses a simulated experience on the daily life of a nurse in an hospital while at the same time providing them with situational tests, like what to do when a patient is having breathing difficulties.
School: Nanyang Polytechnic
Final Year Project
- Lead a team of 3 programmers and 3 artists
- Designed overall game look and feel
- Designed all 7 situational tests mini-games
- Design GUI
- Wrote narrative and conversations
- GUI and menus
- Chat system
- 4 out of 7 situational tests mini-games
Virtual Ward attained the “Finalist Award” in The Crowbar Awards 2008. It is currently being used as a training aid in the School of Health Sciences, NYP.