Full Moon is a medieval themed, single player sword fighting game where the player has to battle fierce werewolves as he finds his way around the enchanted woods in search of a mysterious castle in order to stop the werewolf curse. The requirement for this game was to implement strong indirect control, which helps naive players navigate and play through the game without the use of text-based instructions.
This game was created for the Oculus Rift and PlayStation Move platforms during Round 2 of Building Virtual Worlds (Naive Guest Round) at the Entertainment Technology Center. The entire game was created in 2 weeks.
School: Carnegie Mellon University
Class: Building Virtual Worlds (Round 2: Naive Guest Round)
- Designed game narrative
- Designed combat mechanics
- Designed movement mechanics
- Virtual DDR mat using a third PlayStation Move attached to player’s head to determine his virtual z-position
- Level Design
- Indirect control mechanics
- Enemy spawn points
- Environment soundscape
- Player and enemy sound effects
- Narration voiceover